The following questions from the diocese will be the focus of the meeting this Sunday, August 12, at 9:20 am in the Gallery. (Though it's likely that not all of them will be covered during this particular discussion.) Emmanuel's portfolio will then be updated in the fall based on the responses and conclusions reached from all of the meetings, as well as a tally of the online survey responses.
1. If we could start from scratch, what would the congregation be and do?
2. What are our core values as a productive or mission-based community of faith?
3. Who are we serving in the greater community, and who are we not serving? What are the reasons for these choices?
4. How would you encourage and develop leadership in the congregation to implement mission and ministry?
5. What is our congregation's story at our best? At our most challenged? Where do we hear the call of God in both stories?